Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Back to School Goals

I have decided to link up with Jess of

for her school year edition of monthly goals. 



Here are my goals for this school year...



Personal:  I know that I am like many other teachers who spends a lot of free time working on things for my classroom when I am at home.  This being said, I am determined to get my work done either at school or before 9pm, so that I can spend time with my wonderful husband.  He is so understanding and accommodating with the blurred lines between work and home life.  It is my goal this year to give my husband the attention that he deserves. 

Organization: This has been a year long project that I am hoping to finish this year.  I have finally finished organizing  my books, and now I am working on finishing my labels to put on my bins and my books. This I am determined to complete!

Planning:  I have never been good at real long term planning.   I am ok at looking at where I need to be by the end of the month, but struggle with longer than that.  This year I am going to work on getting better at this. 

Professional: I love attending Professional Development conferences.  Unfortunately, we do not get money to attend these conferences, so I am hoping that I can figure out my budget to attend some conferences.  I am especially hoping to attend, the 2012 Conference for Virginia Kindergarten Teachers, where Kelly H. from, 
is presenting!  I met her at the Va Blogger Meet-up and hope that I can see her again at the conference. 

Students: Many of my students do not have the role models that they can be anything that they want to be. This has been my goal since my first year teaching at my current school, when I had a 4 year old come to school and tell with such conviction that when she is 16 she was going to be a mommy.  From that moment on I have been determined to make sure that my students know that they have so many options open to them and that they do not have to settle for anything less.

Motto: I love this quote by Yoda!  It speaks to what education and teaching is all about. 


What are your goals for this new school year?  

Til next time, 

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. That quote by Yoda is my favorite school quote!! I have a poster I made with that ... I tell my art kids all the time!
    Great minds think alike. I am your newest follower. Have a great rest of summer!
    ~ Kristin
    thisoldartroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete